I ran a contest to see who could log the most workout hours. Of course the idea was to try and get them moving more. More moving means more calories burned, which means more pounds lost in the end (and their ends).
I can’t really be sure it actually resulted in more exercise time because of the 29 people who weighed in this week (out of the original 32), only 6 turned in their workout times! But, those 6 people accounted for a whopping 66 ¼ hours. I wonder what the real number is.
Dale Rasmussen logged 6 ¼ hrs, Angie Adams logged 7 hrs, and Shirley Fiscus had 8 hrs. Jodi Theirl had 10 ¾ hrs working out while Kara Englum logged 13 ½ hrs. Michelle Clark had an amazing 20 ¾ hrs, winning a 60 minute massage from Soleil Body Salon! She earned it.
Michelle was last season’s Biggest Loser, and it’s clear she’s using everything she learned this time around, too. A full-time teacher with kids, she’s proof that you can find time to do this if you really want to.
For the workout, we combined resistance training with cardio. Half the group did several minutes at increasing intensity on the cardio equipment (treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, stepper), while the other half worked out on two Maxicam weight machines in the circuit. Then both groups switched places. Here’s what this type of workout looks like:
1. Jog ¼ mile on the Treadmill
2. Chest Press Machine & Seated Row Machine back-to-back without any rest. Repeat.
3. Do 3 minutes on the Recumbent Bike
4. Pec Fly Machine & Lat Pulldown Machine, repeat
5. Do 3 minutes on the Elliptical
6. Shoulder Press Machine & Rear Delt Machine, repeat
7. Do 3 minutes on the Schwinn Airdyne
8. Tricep Press Machine & Bicep Curl Machine, repeat
9. Do 3 minutes on the Stair-Stepper
10. Leg Press Machine & Seated Calves, repeat
11. Jog ¼ mile on the Treadmill
12. Leg Curl Machine & Leg Extension Machine, repeat
13. Do 3 minutes on the Recumbent Bike
14. Ab Machine & Lower Back Machine, repeat
15. Do 3 minutes on the Elliptical
This week’s winner was Sandra Soberg, who lost 2.9% of her body weight and 3.6 lbs. Second place went to Michelle Clark, losing 2.2% and 3.0 lbs. There was a four way tie for third place between Beverly Weger, Kara Englum, Sande Sherer, and Stacey Reed, all losing 1.8% of their body weight and 3.4 lbs, 2.8 lbs, 3.0 lbs, and 4.4 lbs respectively.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tomdolanfitness !